Thursday, March 23, 2023

What Kind of a Woman Are You?

 


You asked what kind of a woman I am, and I don't know how to answer that...

What kind of a woman you want to be is an easier question to answer...
But I'll try answering both these questions today...
I am a shy woman...
I won't lie...
There are times I wished I wasn't...
Low and timid voice...
I need to be 'loud' to be heard...
I wish I had a deeper voice, a more confident personality...
I am a little bit of a romantic...
I romanticize most things I see...
Broken down houses and falling petals...
Wind in my hair and twinkling city lights...
Dried roses in my books...
I would like to be more practical...
I guard my heart and I don't wear it on my sleeve
I keep it wrapped in sheets of ice...
I wonder sometimes if I am an unkind woman...
I am selfish and I know that...
I would like to be a more giving woman...
Give more time and give more love...
And I am tiring...
I wear down people...
A little too curious for my own good...
I will try and peep...
And I will try to get to know you...
You and your secrets...
I will rarely open my heart though...
I am scared of it, you know...
But if I let you in my heart, I would like you stay...
I will guard you like I guard my secrets...
For I wrap my heart in ice sheets...
But I would like to believe my heart is a flower valley...
I hope you'd like to stay...

~ Yugandhara Barve

No comments:

Post a Comment

International Day of Parliamentarism

When we hear the word ‘parliament’, the first things that cross our minds are politics, democracy, or power. As a diverse nation with an inh...